You’ve been asking for it, and now here it is! We are thrilled to announce that we now have the ability to offer membership of the Killaloe-Ballina Local History Society. For just €20 a year, you can join, and be part of our mission to spread the word about our incredible local history. Scroll on down to find out how!
You can also donate as well as join, or donate instead of joining! Details on this are also below. Thank you so much again for supporting our society and the work that we do in the community.
How do I become a member of the Society?
There are a few ways you can do this.
- The quickest and easiest is to click HERE to go to our PayPal page, type in 20.00, and follow the instructions after that. PayPal will charge you about a euro to do this, so you end up paying about €21 overall, but the extra charge is worth the convenience! Make sure you put your name and email address in the ‘Notes’ section so we know who is becoming a new member.
- You can hand us the €20 in cash at any of our monthly lectures, or if you see any of the committee out and about in Killaloe or Ballina!
- You can walk into Derg Credit Union, where we have our bank account, and lodge €20 to ‘Killaloe Ballina Local History Society’. If you’re doing this, you might email us too at email@example.com with your name so we know for sure who is joining up.
- You can also do any of these options as a gift for someone! Just mention that in the notes or send us an email to let us know that you’re joining on behalf of someone else.
Do you have couples’ rates?
Yes! Do the same as all of the above but instead of €20 for one person, it’s €30 for two people. Send us an email with both of your names if you are doing this – firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for me?
All our monthly talks are FREE to attend, and everyone (member or not) is always welcome. But we have a few bonuses up our sleeves for our special members!
- Members-Only Email Newsletter
- You already get our general email newsletter (and if you don’t, sign up here!), but members will receive a special, members-only email newsletter, that will give advance notice of events and news before anyone else.
- Free Research and Archival Help
- Putting together your family history? Want to find out more about the house you live in? If you’re a member, you can give us a shout, and we will share our skills with you. Our committee is made up of highly-skilled researchers in the areas of history, local heritage, community, and archives, and we would definitely make a difference to your research.
- Exclusive Access to Society Tours
- We have a number of tours planned for 2018 which are limited in numbers. The first will take place in April, and will tour the historic interior of Clarisford Palace. Only members will have access to this tour.
- Free Souvenir Items
- We hope to have a selection of items for sale through the year (greeting cards/ calendars etc), and will keep a limited amount of these for members only, with the rest going on sale to fundraise for our local history projects.
What’s in it for the Society?
Most grant applications require membership numbers, and grants are often allocated on the basis of the size of membership. We want to apply for grants to do things like spruce up the heritage panels around the towns. So your being a member makes a difference!
We also need funds for printing posters, buying speaker gifts, and occasional expenses like renting a projector. Thank you for helping us do that!
Can I just donate a smaller/ larger amount instead of/ as well as joining as a member?
Yes of course! Click HERE to our PayPal page and put in whatever amount you like! Or put something in the bucket at one of our monthly lectures, or lodge an amount in person in Derg Credit Union, Main Street, Killaloe. Thank you!